“How many such sacrifices have been made, most of them obscure and forgotten! And how many of them were made in vain, because they were isolated efforts and lacked the support of organized groups of sympathizers!” – Henry Dunant, A memory of Solferino, Nobel laureate 1901
Hackers without Borders is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian cyber protection and assistance for NGOs and victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It acts in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law and proposes its support without any criteria of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
HWB deals exclusively for protecting the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance, impartially and apolitically.
Hacker without Borders (HWB) is offering 3 core services to fulfill our mission:
We offer these services pro-bono for our stakeholders – the NGOs internationally recognized as such or any victim of an unlawful and live threatening threat.
HWB neutralizes cyberattacks against our stakeholders with takedown, triage, or escalation to law enforcement organizations, assets, and infrastructure of threat actors in collaboration with the ones having request its intervention.
By neutralizing the threat actors’ infrastructure, lawfully, we disrupt the cybercriminals’ ability to conduct criminal activities against our stakeholders.
- Forensic and analysis for discovering the attacking infrastructure.
- Takedowns – Removal of a website, web page, or file from the Internet.
- Triage – High priority indicator of compromise to investigate.
- Law enforcement/national CERTs escalations.
HWB prevents cyberattacks and reduce the level of threat for them.
- Identifying vulnerabilities, compromised assets, data leaks, ….
- Sharing IoCs of threat actors focusing on NGOs.
- Reporting about trends and new TTP’s of threat actors targeting NGOs.
- Training stakeholders’ members for level up their cyber awareness and capacities
HWB supports NGOs to protect their infrastructures.
- Handling domains & network profiling.
- Infrastructure supporting – Discussion around availability and capacity.
- Improving cyber-protection capabilities with guidance and technical advice
- Providing audits and advising for hardening IT networks
HWB is an NGO which involves people from the whole world.
HWB receives cyberattack mitigation and intelligence requests. HWB shares information related to the threat actors targeting its stakeholders and provides a secure place to share important information.